Join two of Greece’s most qualified teachers at the world’s most photogenic island for a yoga retreat like no other - Anna Zorzou & Vula Bolou οn Santorini!
June 2017 marked the beginning of a longtime dream come true for Anna and Vula - to hold retreats at an ancient, spiritually fortified place with a truly compatible and mutually enriching partner. These adventures have been carefully thought out and executed with only one thing in mind - to create a nourishing experience for all involved. May 2018 will be the second year in Megalochori village in Santorini. Needless to say this love story is going steady!
Our home for the retreat will be the spectacular ‘Sand and Stone’ (facebook.com/sandandstone.santorini), an immaculately refurbished former mansion with a private pool. Our practice space will be the terrace overlooking the skyline of this traditional, lovingly preserved village.
Anna and Vula will lead two wholesome and challenging weeklong yoga programs, their extensive teaching experience and lifelong personal practice to guide them. The rest of the time, participants may take full advantage of the astounding beauty of nearby nature and the volcanic sand beaches. They might head north to discover the caldera settlements or allow the hostesses to organise specialised tours - from horseback riding, canoeing, trekking, nearby islet-hopping or simply let the sublime atmosphere of this truly magical place sink in. This is truly the trip of a lifetime!
week 1 : Saturday 26 May - Saturday 2 June
week 2 : Saturday 2 June - Saturday 9 June
Arrive on Saturday and settle in. We usually all go for a welcome dinner in the evening in a nearby taverna. Classes begin on Sunday morning and continue until Friday night, two classes per day. The workshop will formally end with a goodbye dinner - we might also do a little Greek dancing! Participants will depart on Saturday - or not! All are welcome to stay for the second week.
The total package price includes:
• 7 nights accommodation in a shared room with one more person on a b&b basis
• healthy breakfast with local produce where possible
• 2 yoga classes daily, 4-5 hours total
• unlimited use of the private pool
• unlimited use of all yoga props (Please bring your own yoga mat if you can!)
• daily trek to spectacular sunset caldera private spot at 10’ walk
Price does NOT include:
• plane and/or ferry tickets to/from Santorini
• airport or port transfers to Megalochori
• meals apart from breakfast
• register your interest with us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible, as there are only a few rooms at ‘Sand and Stone’.
• first instalment at 30% of total price by the end of December 2017. This is a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit.
• second and final instalment by the end of April 2018.
• Please talk to us to find out the total sum and if you are eligible for a special discount.
Santorini island was a sophisticated outpost of the Minoan civilisation between as early as 3000BC and around 1600BC when the volcano in the centre of the island erupted, leaving behind just a caldera, about 10km in diameter. This otherworldly spectacle is what greets the visitors as the ferry approaches. Despite the magnetising allure of the caldera as it stands today, the island has a million other things to offer, from its multicoloured beaches (black, white and red), a plethora of gastronomic delights as well as traditional villages and world-class shopping. Lets put it this way - you will not be bored here!
Anna is a Senior YogaWorks Teacher Trainer, an enthusiastic yoga student, a sports woman (excelling at water sports at the moment) and a lover of life.
Find out more at annazorzou.com.
Vula is a Junior Intermediate III Iyengar Yoga Teacher, a meticulous Sanskrit scripture student, a singer (excelling at various Indian language bhajans) and a lover of travelling.
Find out more at treeofyoga.org.
• To arrive to Santorini you might be able to get a direct charter flight from your country, or you might need to fly to Athens and then either fly again to Santorini (45’, daily) or take the ferry (5-7 hours, daily) from Piraeus port (short drive from Athens airport).
• You may stay in a room on your own upon availability at extra cost.
• You may stay extra nights or the following week upon availability at extra cost.
• People usually take a taxi from the port (ca. 20euro) or the airport (ca. 25euro) to Megalochori. Please let us know of your arrival and departure times so we can pair you up with another participant.
• ‘Sand and Stone’ has two double rooms, one of them ensuite. The ensuite double room has a double bed, so either a couple or two beloved friends are able to stay there. The other double room has a double bed and a single bed, so either two people can stay there or three good friends, two of them sharing a big double bed. There is another single room in the house, which is really special; we call it the Social room. The Social room has no fixed door (we usually hang some colourful wovens) and no wall all the way to the ceiling. This comes with a lower price tag, so talk to us if this is something that appeals to you.
• There are some other accommodation options nearby that we recommend, but we cannot guarantee that they will be available. Please talk to us and then go ahead and book your accommodation as soon as you know your flights.
• Eating: There are a lot of dining options available at walking distance that we highly recommend. Expect to pay between 20-30 euro per person without wine for a normal home cooked meal. There are many shops that you can buy some provisions and ‘Sand and Stone’ has a fully equipped kitchen where you can cook.